Communication is key in the transport and freight industry. Vendors, logistics providers, drivers, and consumers awaiting delivery of goods all rely on timely and accurate information and fast and effective communication is critical to smooth operation at all levels.
SMS logistics solutions are tailored to the needs of transport providers, stevedores, warehouses, and other services in order for them to facilitate streamlined processes. Service providers in the transport, storage and freight industries can use an SMS messaging service for an array of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Rostering and job assignation
- Appointment reminders
- Service reminders
- Send updates to employees
- Notification of delays
- Notification of system failure
- Notification of pending delivery or pick up
- Confirmation of delivery
- Improved warehouse management
- Order notifications and confirmations
- Manage inventory
- Track drivers’ location and estimated arrival times
- Manage performance
- Ensure recipient will be present for receipt of goods
- Easier than writing down delivery instructions
- Less time spent on voice calls
- Invoice payment reminders
Human transport services can also benefit from SMS logistics solutions. With an SMS messaging service, taxi companies can also reduce their costs and streamline their processes for improved customer satisfaction. Booking requests can be sent directly to drivers in the area, and SMS messages can be sent to clients notifying them of booking confirmation, pending arrival, and that the taxi has arrived.
SMS logistics solutions work for your company to reduce costs, improve productivity, streamline processes, and enhance standards for customer service. Whether your customer is another business entity or a public consumer, better service equates to increased customer satisfaction.
Invest in an SMS messaging service for your transport and freight business today.