Send and receive SMS messages.
Send and receive MMS messages.
Send using rich messaging channels like RCS and WhatsApp.
Send text-to-speech voice calls.
Send marketing and transactional emails.
Send and receive faxes.
Send letters and postcards via the cloud.
Customer service and customer support are perhaps a business’s highest priority. Without customer satisfaction, a business enterprise of any kind will be doomed to fail; word of mouth counts for a lot and a bad review will follow a company for far longer than all the great reviews combined.
Facilitating customer support and service over as many channels as possible is simply good business practice. Many times, consumers are unavailable or unwilling to talk on the phone (particularly to make a complaint) and are not always present to be able to send or receive an email. This is where SMS customer service is invaluable.
SMS customer service is quite simple. Customers are able to send a simple test message to a specific and dedicated virtual number. An enquiry, feedback, or request for a support ticket will be received by the business and forwarded either to an email or help desk system where it can subsequently be addressed and actioned.
Benefits Of Customer SMS Interaction
- Feedback may be given or support sought anytime, anywhere
- Many customers do not enjoy telephone interactions of this kind
- Easy to integrate with Zendesk support systems
- Receive support tickets instantly
- Alert consumers when support tickets are updated
- Enhanced customer relations
- Increased customer satisfaction
Uses Of SMS For Your Customers
- Reminders for medical appointments
- Notification that a taxi has arrived
- Advice from school that an excursion bus is returning late
- Change of venue notifications
- Updates to meeting agendas
- Confirmations for bookings
- Acknowledgement of payments received
- Notification that goods have been posted
- Delivery advice
It is estimated that ninety percent of SMS messages are read within a few minutes of receipt; this is far higher than for email or any other messaging mode. Response rate is maximised with SMS as well. The vast majority of consumers own and use a mobile phone on a daily basis.
Simplify life for your business and also for your customers, and invest in personalised SMS to customers and SMS customer service and support. Consumers, on the whole, far prefer this mode of communication to email and telephoning – and happy customers equal a successful business.