What is an SMS Blast?
An SMS blast, or broadcast, is like using BCC in an email. You can send the same single text message to a group of contacts. Each person receives your text but doesn't see any of the group details. And, if you use a dedicated number, your contacts can reply.
Text broadcasting (or blasting) is great for businesses sending one-off offers and promotional campaigns. It’s a type of bulk SMS messaging.
What is an SMS Blast?
Why Use an SMS Broadcast Service?
SMS is a simple and very effective tool for businesses to reach their customers. With unmatched open rates of 98%, you know that your message will be seen. In comparison, open rates for email are 20-30% at best. In addition, 75% of consumers welcome marketing offers and news via text from their favorite brands.
Scheduled Text Messaging
Schedule your messages to be sent at the perfect time.
Create your text message blast campaign and schedule it to be sent on a day or time of your choosing to anywhere in Pilipinas or the world.
- Perfect for dealing with multiple timezones and even better if you have a global contact list.
- Have your messages delivered at optimum times. For instance, when promoting takeaway meals, do it at meal times - wherever your customers are.
Send text blasts using a reliable, fast and helpful service.
Global 24/7 Support
Our chat is staffed by real humans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and always will be.
Security and Reliability
The ClickSend platform is built on enterprise-level security and provides a 100% Uptime SLA guarantee.
Lightning Fast Delivery
ClickSend lives and breathes high performance direct routes. Your messages get delivered on time.
Personalise every text automatically.
Each text can be auto-updated with names and individual details so everyone feels like you’re speaking directly to them — all while you’re talking to thousands.
- First and last name placeholders are set-up by default.
- Pull custom details from your list by easily editing placeholders.
For easy sending of relevant and targeted text message blasts.
Personalized SMS Blast
Send a text blast in 3 easy steps
1. Upload Contacts
Upload your contact list as CSV or spreadsheet. If you don’t have a list of phone numbers yet, read about building your opt-in contact list.
2. Create Your Message
Write a clear and concise message. Use MMS if you want to include images. And, try features like custom fields, emojis and short links.
3. Click Send
Send messages immediately or schedule them to send later. Track delivery, click through rates and monitor replies — all in the one platform.
Ways businesses use text blasts
1. Text Alerts and Notifications
Use SMS broadcast alerts to contact people, fast.
- Perfect for emergency situations, weather and covid alerts..
- Great for non-emergencies too; change of hours or location, cancellations and delays.
2. SMS reminders
Send thousands of reminder messages in seconds with a text blast.
- Remind people about a community, sporting or one-off event.
- Improve attendance and reduce no-shows with text reminders.
Reminders can be sent as a broadcast or individually, based on user behaviour. Even for hundreds of contacts, you can send text reminders quickly, bulk text messaging
3. SMS Surveys and Polls
Use polls to gather customer feedback or get more detailed feedback via surveys.
- Score high engagement on your polls and survey results by sending via a text blast.
- Make your text blast polls interactive with automated responses for targeted feedback.
4. Broadcast Promotions and Sales Events
Use SMS broadcasts for promotional messages that your customers won't miss.
- Add an SMS broadcast to your marketing messaging to really drive exposure and engagement for your sales promotions.
- Send coupons to drive people in-store or include a link to your online store.
See how your industry uses SMS to talk to their audience.
SMS Broadcast Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Text Message Blasts Cost?
That depends on how big your contact list is and therefore how many messages are sent. Message pricing can range from $0.1593 to $0.1439 USD per message depending on how many are sent and replies are always free. And with us you only pay for what you use there are no recurring monthly fees. Full pricing can be found at ClickSend Pricing.
Can I Send An SMS Broadcast To Anyone?
You must have consent to send text messages from your business; this is obtained through getting contacts to opt-in. Here at ClickSend, we do not allow the use of purchased lists.
How Many Characters Can I Use?
A standard SMS message has a maximum of 160 characters. Longer messages are definitely possible; messages are broken into multiple message parts which cost one message per message part. The recipient will still see this as 1 long message on their handset. Our dashboard features a character count so you know exactly how many message parts you are using. If sending an MMS you can access up to 1,500 characters.